Saturday 1 November 2014

October Reading Wrap-Up

October has now come to an end, but I have managed to read quite a few books this month. At the start of the year, I set myself a target of just over one book a week and I had aimed to read 60 books in total by the end of December. Two months ahead of schedule, I managed to reach my 60 book target!!
In total, I have read 9 books. These are...
So, that was a total of 3405 pages, at an average of 110 pages per day!
I had already read the whole of the Percy Jackson series, so that was a re-read, but out of the new books I've read...

My favourite of the books has got to be Where She Went, which is the sequel to If I Stay. I didn't do a review of this book, but it was definitely one of the best books I have read this year. I absolutely adored If I Stay, and it had me crying for at least an hour after I had finished the book. I fell in love with Mia's story, so I was so excited to read the sequel from Adam's point of view.
Although it didn't have the life or death factor like the first book, Where She Went was still really sad! I cried a lot!!! The thing that I loved most (yet also found the most frustrating) about the book was the fact that I couldn't guess how it would end. In If I Stay, I really couldn't guess whether Mia would choose to live or die in the end. It was the same for Where She Went; I had no idea of where it would end up!!
I gave this book 5 stars and the only fault I found with it was that it was too short! But, I am happy and satisfied with the ending, and I think Gayle Forman left Adam and Mia in a good place. Where She Went is a must-read if you have read If I Stay!

I can't say that I have a least favourite book for this month. I didn't hate any of them, luckily!

***

In November, I am hoping to read at least 6 books, but hopefully more. I have already started to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan, and then I'm planning on re-reading The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, so that I'm all ready for the release of Mockingjay Part 1 (only 20 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I also want to make a start on the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, since I haven't yet read this series, and I feel left out of the hype!

Anyway, too many books, too little time, so I'd better get off and make a start on them!!

Bye!
Charlotte xx

No comments:

Post a Comment