Friday 20 March 2015

Paper Towns Trailer Thoughts...

The trailer for Paper Towns was released yesterday and I was so excited to see it! I had been so worried that it had got to March and we still didn't have a trailer, even though the film is set to be released in the UK in just under three months!
For those of you who don't know, Paper Towns is a 2008 novel by John Green, half of the famous Vlogbrothers channel, and the mastermind behind The Fault in Our Stars.
After TFiOS's huge success as a book to film adaptation, Paper Towns was given a director and it started to be put together...
I really enjoyed the Paper Towns book. While I still preferred The Fault in Our Stars overall, I still loved Paper Towns and all of its characters, so I was extremely excited when it started to become a film.

However, after the poster was released last Thursday, I was a little sceptical. I honestly think the poster looks really cheap and fan-made. I don't exactly know why I think that or how I was expecting it to look, but I don't think it suits the film very well. This made me really worried about how the trailer (and film, for that matter) would turn out.
In the same way that we shouldn't judge a book by its cover (even though we all do!!!), we shouldn't a film by its poster. The Paper Towns trailer was AMAZING. I loved every aspect of it. From what I saw, which wasn't all that much, the acting seemed great. I've seen quite a few of Nat Wolfe's films and love him as an actor but I was new to Cara Delevingne, having not heard of her before she was cast as Margo. I was nicely surprised to see them playing their roles so well!
I loved the music in this trailer. I don't know what it was about it, but it fit in so well! I really hope that the official soundtrack is just as good.
Above all, it does actually seem to be fairly faithful to the book. It's been quite a while since I read it, but I'm pretty sure they've kept most things the same. I did notice how they changed the number of 'tasks' Margo wants to carry out on their night of revenge, but obviously they're going to cut a few things out, so I can forgive them!
I also just want to add how surprised I was when Q said Margo's full name! I did not expect Spiegelman to be pronounced like that!!

Anyway, to sum up, I'm really happy with how this trailer has turned out. I really hope the film is just as good!!
To have a look at the trailer, click here!

I'll have another post up soon about Insurgent's film adaptation!!!
Bye bye for now

Charlotte xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment