Sunday 1 February 2015

January Reading Wrap Up

January has been a great month of reading for me!
Towards the end of last year, I hadn't been reading as much as normal, but that reading slump is over now! I've managed to read 9 books this month, which I'm really happy with. I always aim for 100 pages a day, but during the last few months of 2014 I wasn't achieving this. The books I read equate to 3477, which averages out to 112 pages per day!

This month, I have read...
I haven't re-read any books this month, which is quite a rarity for me! As much as I love to read new books and explore different worlds, there's just something comforting about going back to familiar characters and stories.
I've already written reviews for the series I've read. To see my thoughts on Shatter Me, click here, and to read my Mara Dyer review, click here.

An Abundance of Katherines was the first book of the year. It was the only John Green book I didn't read last year, and as I'm a huge fan of his work, I was excited to read this one. In this book, child prodigy Colin Singleton has a problem. He has a thing for girls named Katherine, but it seems they don't have a thing for him. After being dumped by a Katherine for the 19th time, Colin and his friend Hassan escape their hometown to come up with a theorem. Can Colin work out why he is always dumped, and more importantly, can he fix it?
I love all of John Green's books and Katherines is no exception. I love the humour in it and how it's so relatable. This book was short at just over 200 pages, but it was a great escape and unlike most of his other books, it didn't make me mopey and sad for the following week!!

I don't really read many mysteries or thrillers, but I saw the trailer for Before I Go To Sleep and I thought the film looked really good. Since I don't like seeing a film before reading the book, I decided to give it a go. The book is about an amnesiac named Christine. She was in an accident that nobody knows the full details of and since then, her memory wipes itself every time she goes to sleep. Worried that she's not being told the full truth, Christine starts to keep a journel. Soon, she realises there's more to what she's being told...
I was amazed by this book. It started out pretty dull for the first hundred or so pages, but I started figuring things out and it became really interesting. I have to say, I was so surprised at the twist it took at the end. While I expected something like that would occur, I didn't realise the extent of it! I was impressed!

I'm hoping to keep this pace of reading up in February for when I do my 'Harry Potter Marathon'. It has been over a year since I have read a single Harry Potter book, which is far too long! So, February will be my Harry Potter month! Yay!

Bye for now!

Charlotte xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment