Sunday 24 May 2015

MEETING SARAH J. MAAS!!!!!

Earlier this week, I was lucky enough to meet one of my favourite ever authors, Sarah J. Maas!!!

For those of you who don't know, Sarah J. Maas is the author of the amazing Throne of Glass Series (my review for which can be viewed by clicking here!), and the new A Court of Thorns and Roses Trilogy, which was the purpose of this signing. I have read and loved every one of Sarah's books, they really are all incredible! If you haven't yet read them, what are you waiting for? Go and read them now!!!

It just so happened that my local Waterstones was one of the venues for the A Court of Thorns and Roses Tour, so there was absolutely no way that I would miss out!
This was the very first book signing I've ever been to, so while I was beyond excited at the prospect, I didn't really know quite what to expect.

When I arrived at the bookshop, there was already a long line of people all waiting to meet Sarah, which meant that I would also have to wait a little while until I got to see her, but she was most definitely worth the wait!!
Some of my signed books!!!

I had decided to bring all five of her books along with me, so that I could choose which one I wanted signing when I got there, but Sarah was lovely enough to sign all of them- including one with a personal message and my name on!!!

What surprised me the most about the book signing was the fact that Sarah was so chatty with her readers and spent a little while talking to each of us. I had almost expected her to be a little abrupt, and thought that she might just want to get the whole thing over with as quickly as possible (as I might in her situation!!) but I couldn't have been more wrong! She was really lovely and enthusiastic towards everybody there, and while she signed my books, I managed to learn a few things...

While on the subject of 'how to make male characters so dreamy', Sarah explained that most of the hotties (I can't think of a more suitable word!) were actually based on her own daydream, as opposed to real people, like her husband, which I found to be quite amusing!!!
However, when I told her that my favourite male character was Sam, and that I - SPOILERS - couldn't accept that he was actually dead, she explained that he was 100% dead and couldn't believe how many people suspected otherwise!
I know- sad faces all around!
But I haven't lost all hope in his return, and I'm grasping on to the idea that Sarah doesn't want to spoil the rest of the series for us so is doing her best to cover up the ending! At least I really hope so... - I believe in you, Sam!

When all of my books had been signed, and a picture had been taken of me with Sarah, I was asked to sign one of  Sarah's own copies of Throne of Glass with a comment of my own. I thought this was a lovely touch, and even though I'm completely against writing in books (unless you're the author, and you're signing it!), I felt completely honoured to be able to write in the author's own copy!


Honestly, if I didn't have the books or pictures to prove it, I would be completely convinced that I had daydreamed the whole event! It really was an amazing day and I feel so lucky to have been able to meet one of my favourite ever authors!!! If you get the chance to go to one of the A Court of Thorns and Roses Tour venues to meet Sarah J. Maas, I cannot recommend going enough! It was such an amazing experience and I really wish I could do it all over again!


That's all for now, but I should have another post up soon!


Charlotte xxx


1 comment: